November 13: Small Group Workshop
This workshop is a one-stop shop for photographers who want to get serious about creating beautiful art and selling it for what it’s worth. Sonya will inspire you to improve your craft by shooting creatively and hand editing for stunning results. Rachael will teach you to run your business using sound marketing and pricing concepts. In this hands-on workshop you will learn how to improve your business from every side.
Your registration includes:
– 9 hours of instructional time in a small group environment at the beautiful River Farm in Alexandria, VA (near Washington, DC).
– A styled shoot featuring live models and plenty of time to capture beautiful images at your own pace with Sonya and Rachael’s guidance
– Training in the art of hand editing in Photoshop by Sonya
– Pricing and sales training by Rachael, including in-person sales
– Individual image critique
– Delicious meals and snacks
– Head shots for each attendee
– Access to Rachael and Sonya after the workshop for any follow-up questions, and participation in a private forum for ongoing learning
November 14: One-On-One Mentoring (Optional Add-On)
To dive even deeper, plan to stay another day and schedule an hour-long private session with either Sonya or Rachael. This time can be used for the following:
– Portfolio or website review and critique
– Price list review and adjustment
– Personal marketing plan creation
– Editing tutorial and practice
This is for those who learn best in one-on-one situations and want specific, customized help with the nuts and bolts of their business.
Pricing and Registration
The full-day group workshop on November 13 is $1499. To add an additional hour of one-on-one mentoring on November 14, add $349.
Registration is open!
Sonya Ruth currently resides in Washington D.C but has moved four times in the past 5 years, picking up her business wherever she moves. After spending most of her childhood and adult life studying art and creating art with all mediums, she became interested in photography. Sonya specializes in hand editing, something her clients refer to as “painting” her photographs. She will inspire you to take full control of your creativity and allowing you to create the art in your imagination.
Rachael Boer lives near Washington DC with her husband and four children. A successful wedding and portrait photographer, she also teaches business and sales techniques to photographers all across the nation. Rachael specializes in modern, clean images and presents them to her clients as beautiful printed artwork. She heads up the popular Facebook group, “In Person Sales for the Professional Photographer” and offers group and private mentoring for photographers. She will teach you to make decisions that are based in sound business principles so you can watch your business thrive.
What is hand editing?
Sonya Ruth specializes in creative editing using Photoshop. Going through each step by hand, she will teach you how to bring out the best in your images, giving them a painterly quality and making them shine. These are advanced techniques but Sonya will break it down into easy-to-understand steps so you can replicate the process at home on your own images.
Examples of hand-edited images (before and afters):
Questions? Please use the Contact Me form above to contact Rachael Boer. Registration is open to the first 15 people. Register here: http://sonyaruthphotography.bigcartel.com/product/the-art-and-business-of-portrait-photography-workshop