I don’t know about you, but writing out your goals is so motivating! I got this inspiration from Katelyn James Photography about a year ago!
What’s even more motivating? Writing out the goals you have accomplished!! I’ve pushed myself more than I ever have in the past few months. Why? Well, on a personal level, cause when I know Steven is about to leave for a deployment, I want to be busy busy busy. Not in a bad way, but being a military wife, you have to know how to balance your personal life and work life without taking away precious time with your husband who is probably home 1/5 of the year (not including a deployment!) So what do I do during a deployment? I focus on growing my business! It’s a great time to grow your business, even if you have a toddler and a baby on the way!! I still spend 80% of my time with Grace. I work during the evenings (where usually i’d spend that time with Steven) and then I get a sitter for 1-2 hours for my portraits! I thoroughly enjoy the baby-free time to do work! 🙂
Goals I have accomplished the past three months:
- -Booked up almost every weekend from March til June!
- -Booked 7 weddings! All within the past three months– a blessing from God that all of them fit within the time frame before this little baby arrives and after she arrives, but before Steven comes home to us!!
- -Set new pricing for portraits and booked MORE portraits than I ever have!
- -Set new pricing for WEDDINGS, including a wedding album. I feel so passionate that every bride/groom should walk away from an experience with me as a photographer, with a detailed storybook from their wedding day, wrapped in leather with rubber pages, something that will last a lifetime.
- -Started booking mentoring sessions consistently. Feeling the confidence that I have so much to share and teach!
- -Set a date for the workshop, collaborating with local vendors, and so far have half the seats filled up! So happy and proud of that!!
- -Wrote down all of my creative and styled shoots and put that into works. I think it’s so important to brand yourself as a photographer with portraits that you want to do in the future. Why wait for the perfect client to ask for that specific theme? Get out and plan it yourself! 🙂 April 14th will be my next styled shoot!
- Meeting up with Clients for coffee or pancakes after their session to hand them their photos. Talk about life and get to know them better! My business is also my ministry! Military life is hard, half the time people are new to an area, it just takes one person to make them feel welcomed! My goal is to also make sure they have the confidence to find a great group of girls! Thankful for this ministry that has been an amazing support for me in the past two years!
- -Took this photo of Steven and Grace before he left.
- -Reached 6,000 fans on Facebook!
- Organized all of my emails into categories (what? Sonya? Organized?)
- TAXES! Yes I sent all of my stuff to my accountant and everything is set! Whew! Thankful I was more organized this year with my expenses!!! Shoebox, receipt folder in my email, and a business account helped my business so much this year!
- Created templates for emails! Cut my emailing time in HALF!
- Upgraded my camera body! From the Nikon D700 to Nikon D3s 🙂
- Set up a paypal account, made booking sessions 10x easier and faster!
- New packaging!
- Got a super cute maternity outfit for when I do weddings this summer! Thank you, Motherhood Maternity for making me feel like a million bucks!
- Cut my workflow in half! Still working on bettering my turn around time! Right now I’m at about 2-3 weeks!
- Book one more wedding for 2013!
- Book ten weddings for 2014!
- Make time for God everyday! Not just five minutes from my devotional, but spending some “quiet” time of just listening to God! Keep in tune with Him is the most important thing!!
- Design a sample wedding album for my studio.
- Exercise so I don’t swell and balloon at the end of my pregnancy (a reasonable goal, but I might just balloon anyways!)
- Work on a Bridal Guide.
- Work on Wedding Client Gifts!!
- New brand and new website. Saving up for a designer that will put my vision into works! Considering showit and pass 🙂
- Buy the 35mm 1.4 lens!
- Set up a date for a Northern Virginia Photography Workshop!
- Push myself to create images that will wow myself and my clients!! I love staying inspired and motivated to better myself and my images!!